About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

At The Teacher's Desk

I immediately was drawn to this post by a male teacher. He addresses the issues with having co-ed students taught (generally) by one sex. The statistics that he posts are alarming. We as educators are missing something. In a profession dominated by men and run by women, we are doing our male students a great disservice. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to do to fix it. I am a female. I will be teaching these boys. I don't know what causes the grossly disproportionate statistics, but I will continue to hunt for the answers to it.
I plan to incorporate the use of blogs in my classroom when I graduate. This next post caught my eye for that reason. It is tips to get your blog noticed. This is advice that anyone can take and use, not just educators. I think that this teacher hit the nail on the head with his advice. You have do things to get noticed, make people want to check out what is new, comment on other blogs, and support other educators that are tech savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment