About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Michael Wesch

This video was enlightening. He spoke on the difference in our world over the past few decades. There are two types of conversations that are being had. There is the one way conversation that takes place through much of our media. We, the general public, listen to newscasters, radio personalities, and read articles written in journals and newspapers. There is also a two way conversation that takes place. Conversations in which both sides speak instead of only one person speaking. These conversations take place over the internet all the time. People read or get information and then talk about in their blogs. Others then read the reflections and make comments on that. This exchange of ideas is more acurate in the online world.
As a student I feel that these one way "conversations" are phasing out. With the amount of people that are now internet literate and know how to transfer ideas between others, people are becoming more involved with their world. My generation has a attitude that exemplifies "I am the most important person in the world!" Our narcissism is what drives much of today's entertainment. (think reality tv.)

No comments:

Post a Comment