About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Did you know? 3.0

Times are a-changing! After watching this video, I truly understood what the phrase "we are living in exponential times" meant. This information is a little overwhelming. It's hard to believe that technology influences us as much as it does. We, as society, think nothing of text messaging our friends during lunch to make plans for dinner, or facebooking on our phones during a business meeting. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that the English language has quintupled in size since William Shakespeare was alive. But I think it's all to our benefit if we use it.

Knowing that the highest paying, fastest growing jobs 5 years from now, don't exist yet can help us to utilize all these new technologies to our advantage. Specializing in a field that doesn't seem useful now, could actually make you tomorrow's next billionaire.

On the flip side, the population of the world is exploding at a rapid rate. If we don't try to fix some of the small problems we deal with now, then they will become HUGE problems in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment