About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

This video opened my eyes to the different uses of technology in the classroom. It also allowed me to see that if the expectations are set high, children will rise to meet them. Vicki Davis said she does not define every new word she uses. She expects her class to google it, or look it up, if they are unfamiliar with a particular term. She also talks of how teachers shouldn't expect themselves to know everything. There are plenty of opportunities that arise in which a student can become the teacher, and we as teachers should not only allow that, but encourage it.
I also really enjoyed seeing how enthusiastic the children were. The methods that she used to teach were methods that intrigued the children. She was taking technology that most of these students use on a daily basis and showing them that they could apply it to their learning as well. This video definitely inspired me to use this EDM310 class to my advantage and learn all that I could from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment