About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Not About the Technology

When I first read the title, I thought, "Yeah, right!" But the author made some very profound statements. I totally agree with the fact that technology is useless without an innovative teacher. You can spend as much money as you'd like on supplying a classroom with things such as computers and smartboards, but unless the teacher in the classroom is willing to not only learn about this equipment but also make it work for her class, then the money has gone to waste. I also agree that teaching is a learning profession. One of the reasons that I wanted to go into education is because I love learning so much. Without the desire to continue learning, your students will know more than you in a few short years. There is never a bad time to learn something, and if you want to continue to be good at your job, you have to invest time and energy into learning things to make you better at you job.
I also really loved the comment she made about teaching being like a physics principle. If your students don't grasp the concept the first time around, regroup and approach the material from a different angle, an angle they can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment