About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Web Accessibility

This power point offered many useful definitions. It also listed some serious things to think about that one without a disability may over look. I have never personally had to deal with one of these disabilities and can barely imagine what it must be like to struggle to make it through everyday. The world is not very accessible to people with disabilities. And his PowerPoint explained that and offered suggestions to make our world more accessible to those that are different.
The website taught me about new tools that I didn't even know existed. I think I'd heard of the readers before this class, and thought they were cool, but I had no idea that there were web browser made to read to you, or programs that you could install and run to enlarge the print on your computer screen. I did not know of a voice browser that responds to speech. That I think was one of my favorite products. It's amazing what technology has created. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment