About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Karl Fisch

Photo of black keyboard up close.
I cannot say that I enjoyed reading this post as it was lengthy, but I did agree with most of what he had to say. He is an advocate of technology. He sees the potential for technologically illiterate teachers to be damaging to our future educators, lawyers, doctors. Why is it socially acceptable for a teacher to say "I don't know anything about those computers!" and not for a physician? Because, we, as the public understand the necessity of technology. We understand that with technological advances comes answers to the questions we've asked for years. Without technology, where would our lives be? No phone chats with your best friend when you are both stuck in 5 o'clock traffic. No microwaved dinners. No email, instant messaging, facebook, or blogs. Our life in this modern world, would quickly become the twin of the most poverty ridden third world country without technology.

This blogger understands that, and takes it to heart. He feels very passionately about transforming our previously accepted stance on tech illiteracy. And we, as educators should join his plight!

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT Nicole. Please make your picture ADA accessible by using the TITLE = "Photo retrieved from..." Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete