About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Alex

alex Alabama Learning EXchange logo
I think that this website is incredible. This website was created for teachers to use as a resource in their teaching. Each state has specific objectives that must be met for each subject area and grade. This website creates links for teachers to use in their teaching. Not only are the objectives listed, but there are lesson plans that go along with each. I was curious to see how these translated across state lines. For any given state, you can find a corresponding objective listed in the Alabama objectives. As a future teacher, I will make a note of this website and refer back to it often. I glanced over several of the lesson plans. Some are easy to understand, others aren't written as concisely but the point is gotten across.

Another thing that I loved was that the website was broken down into not only subject areas, but grade levels. There is no sorting through garbage that you don't need or that doesn't apply. It is all clearly labeled as K, 1, 2, 3, etc. You can click on your course of study, click on the grade you will be teaching, and viola, answers to all your questions.

1 comment: