About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Teacher Blog

Cartoon of literature teacher telling student about text book, 'just think of it as a long text message'
This new teacher offered a lot of things to expect and not to expect. As a human, we all fear what we do not know. And graduating with a degree in education does mean you know how to teach a classroom. You may have all the essential skills, information, resources, tools, etc., but if you've never actually had a classroom of children sit and absorb information you are giving them, then you do not know what to expect. I like that he spoke about there is no such thing as a perfect lesson. I like knowing that no matter how much time and effort you put into the actual plan, chances are, something will not work just as it was planned. That is life. I like that he explains it though, because many times in college courses that prepare you for teaching, no one actually tells you this. I like that he emphasized communication with peers. Having other teachers as allies can only be beneficial to you as a new teacher. There are somethings that more experienced teachers have learned over the years that you may not learn for 5 or 10 years, unless they share those experiences with you. What better way to start a new career than to start it with friends who not only do the same thing as you, but love it the same way you do. I also like that he included "Never stop learning!" This is important in life, but especially as a teacher. In order you teach, you must be willing to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment