About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kaia

photo taken from dearkaia.blogspot.com
I was amazed at the interaction that took place between Kaia and the school in rural Missouri. The amount of learning that transpired first between father and daughter, and then between parent and classroom from opposite sides of the globe was amazing. I hope that education is moving in this direction. I think that children learn more when they see the things they are taught put into application. I feel that the students that took place in the skype were probably unaware of how "life-changing" that type of communication can be. I'm sure they didn't realize how incredible it was to be video chatting with a father on the other side of the world in real time. To not only have their questions answered but to actually see the person that was answering them. It puts a new spin on google. I wonder if skype has thought of creating networks to allow people to chat others that are (self-proclaimed) experts in their field, or that live in cultures that are foreign to themselves. This would be an amazing thing to look into. Perhaps companies like skype could create learning networks specifically for K-12 schools with "experts" for students to converse with. Anyway, this was a fun blog for me. Thanks for allowing me to see it!

1 comment: