About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wikipedia

this is the logo for wikipedia, the puzzle piece globe.
I had an opinion about wikipedia before reading these blogs. I was under the impression that the majority of the contributers to this site were just everyday average joes who may or may not be considered an expert. But after further research, and realizing that people don't edit what they nothing about, I decided that wikipedia may not be bad ALL the time. I feel that after reading the information one was looking for on wikipedia and looking at all the references listed, that perhaps there are occasions when it would be an acceptable form of research. Maybe if the teacher of a particular class wanted her class to complete an assignment they could use wikipedia only after looking into the contributers to that article. Once the contributers were deemed "expert" the material would be acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment