About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

iTunesU

I've never owned and iPod or iPhone, so I've had little to no use for iTunes. I didn't know how to use it or have it downloaded to my computer before this class. But after watching this video and slideshow, I was intrigued. I went into iTunes and just started searching for things that piqued my interest. I searched everything from specific artists to plants to 'how a generator works'. I never realized there was so much information out there for the taking! From now on, when needing to research a topic I don't know much about, or even one I know a lot about, I will definitely check iTunesU before checking anywhere else.
As a teacher, I feel that I will use this tool. I could use it to assist in teaching science, history, math, any subject really. I could have students watch a particular vodcast or listen to a podcast and have them write responses about what they learned. They could also research other topics on iTunes and use the information to help present reports or write research papers.
I always assumed that iTunes was strictly for downloading music for your mp3 player, and boy was I wrong. I underestimated it's abilities, and have been missing out on lots of learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment