About Me

My photo
I'm a 24 year old mommy and full-time student. I love learning and going to school, but I'd love even more to be finished with school!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Alice Christie

This is the blue sphere logo of Google Earth.
Before reading and exploring this website I thought I knew all there was to know about google earth (GE). Not that I consider myself an expert, I just didn't realize what all this program could actually do. Not only did i discover new tools that I was unaware of, but I was amazed at all the applications these tools had for classroom use! To top it off, the way that the instructor was able to explain ideas and tools that GE could offer was fantastic.
Some of my favorite tools include the panoramia layer. This layer allows you to click on photos that individuals who have visited that area have posted. In other words, you can get a good look at the city. Another tool that I liked was the measurement tool. My mind started going crazy with all the math applications for classroom use this tool could offer.
I think for practical application, I'd like for students to click on photos in the panoramia layer and then write a reflection paragraph on their favorite one from a particular area. The measurement tool would allow me to instruct my students to chose their favorite route from point A to point B and tell me the distances between national parks (or gas stations, or K-12 schools) along the way. There are so many more things that can be done with GE besides just find your house and look around your neighborhood. I will definitely use this tool in my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Great reviews Nicole. Please fix the little "i" in the first paragraph. Keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete